Thursday, April 10, 2008

American Film Institute … Short List

Remember my pal Zaq from the Jog-A-Thon? His Mom is one of my best gal pals, which is how I met him.

Long story short, by sponsoring Zaq I met a woman named Patty Meyer – she is a delight – she is also a professor at the American Film Institute. I was thrilled when she invited me to the AFI Conservatory Short List 2008.



I arrived a little early (I’m still sorting out the traffic issues out here!) and found myself sitting in the front row of the second section of the ArcLight Cinemas




As I perched on the tip of my seat, I found myself riveted by the crowd … the people watching could have kept me occupied for a lifetime.

Then I saw Patty! Wow! She’s a beauty – I didn’t recognize her from the gal on the soccer field!

The five shorts were interesting – and all very, very different.

I think I want to go to film school.


No comments: