Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I looked in the mirror on Tuesday morning and the eyes of a refugee stared back at me. Gaunt, haunted and several other unflattering – rather unhealthy – adjectives come to mind.

I can’t take it anymore.

What? I wasn’t sure.  
 
The only thing I knew was that I had been working too much and playing too little.  

As luck or chance or The Spirits would have it my antidote to my perceived crappy life was just around the corner – in the form of a “Pod.”

Yes … a “Pod.” And, in fact, my life is not crappy.

 I had – with great enthusiasm – agreed to meet Liz Brown of the KBTV-Liz-Brown-Series-Fame (www.kbtvonline.com) in New Mexico. We were set to embark on a spiritual retreat with three others, who had been friends of Liz’s for a long while. Scot, Hope and Whitney and I all met for the first time at the airport in Albuquerque. 

 It wasn’t until the next day that I realized how special these new friends really were...are.  

 To be continued ….



No comments: